In smaller organizations (and, okay, sometimes in large ones), marketers are asked to wear lots of hats — and SEO may be only one of those. We’ve heard you: lots of our Found Friday viewers and blog post readers have discussed the difficulty of implementing a simple SEO strategy in the real world.
They’ve asked us questions like:
- How does findability impact my overall marketing strategy?
- What’s the best way to build great content that’s also SEO-friendly?
- How on earth do I find the time to incorporate search optimization into everything in the marketing ecosystem
Where do we start with SEO?
Prioritizing the basics of SEO is a huge problem for marketers — and perfect for our Found Friday series (it’s for marketers and by marketers). In this series, we’re talking about findability basics for marketing pros. Below are a sampling of the questions we’ll answer here:
- What is findability in relationship to marketing?
- How are search and content working together in findability?
- What are the fundamentals of findability from an SEO perspective?
- How do I prioritize SEO issues in my marketing workflow?
- I’ve inherited a site with tons of problems — what do I do?
- What are five things I can focus on right away to give my site a boost?
Thinking about findability in a holistic way is important for several reasons:
- Findability saves money. Even if your organization is satisfied with its traffic, you could be leaving revenue on the table, or spending more money on leads and conversions, by leaving your findability at the status quo.
- Findability will help you reach new eyes. If you’re an established business with a well-built base, you may miss out on new markets by focusing on past audiences.
- Findability is a process that makes long term improvements. If you think you don’t have time to focus on SEO and user experience — and just look for “quick wins” — you’ll get traffic increases that aren’t repeatable and aren’t part of a healthy marketing mix.
Check out more in our post that accompanies the video here.
Want help getting started with a content audit, keyword strategy, or other SEO and content help? Just ask the DemandSphere Solutions team.
Get to know DemandSphere
Subscribe to our newsletter
You’ll be the first to know about new SEO and content marketing products, exclusive webinars, and industry trends.
Where do you rank? Click here to find out